Niksmom so kindly tagged me for this meme, thus bringing to end my 7 week blog silence.
5 things found in your bag
1. A laminated card of Jesus- I was strolling through town one day about 8 years ago when I stumbled upon Jesus. He stared at me unwaveringly from a laminated card that had been propped up against the curb, as if waiting for me. I stared back, pondering my next move. I quickly glanced around and picked up the card. On the back, a quote: "Lord, Help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together can't handle." The card has been with me everyday since I found it.
2. Epi-Pen for Annie's mild walnut allergy, just in case.
3. 2 mismatched socks, courtesy of Little Fella's fondness for removing his socks and tossing them wherever he sees fit.
4. My calendar/planner that I would be lost without.
5 favorite things in your room
(Right now I am in my family room.)
1. My new couch- Back in November we special-ordered a couch. What should have taken a maximum of 6 weeks ended up taking 11 weeks. Very long story short, our long awaited couch arrived covered in a hideous brown and green paisley material that no sane person would ever order. I refused the couch, had my money refunded, went to a different salesperson, and bought a different couch. 3 days later it was delivered, and it is fabulous.
2. My new laptop- My darling husband decided if I was going to spend so much time on the computer it might be a good idea to purchase a laptop so we could at least sit next to each other on said couch. So we sit here, side by side. He reads the paper, I read blogs.
3. My fireplace- The one thing we did not like about our house when we bought it was that it did not have a fireplace. We had a gas fireplace installed shortly after we moved in. My husband and my father-in-law built the mantle that surrounds the fireplace themselves.
4. Pictures I took of the girls at the beach.
5. A picture of Gonzo and I walking through the Virgin River on our cross-country trip 10 years ago.
5 things you have always wanted to do
1. Run a 5K.
2. Go to Hawaii.
3. Own a beach house.
4. Get organized.
5. Figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
5 things you are currently into
2. Reading blogs.
4. Driving all over creation for playdates, dance class, school, etc.
5. Going out on dates with my husband.
5 people you'd like to tag
Amy, Lori, Kristen, Maddy, Tulipmom